05 January 2009

Trip highlights

My first stop along the way was Memphis, TN.
I stopped to enjoy some authentic Memphis BBQ ribs...

Then, I visited the King!

I spent the night at a rest stop somewhere in Mississippi

My first day in New Orleans I parked beneath a tree. When I returned to my car I learned that said tree was home to several... er, MANY birds!

Of course I had to enjoy some of the local fare - beignets!

I did not go in this store, but it reminded me of some women in the Jensen family

This guy is a stud!!! I ran into Aaron as we were leaving the game. We went out to dinner and spent some time together to celebrate the victory. He sends his warmest regards to all in the family.

The Gulf of Mexico. It was interesting to drive along the Gulf Coast. On the south side of the road was a seemingly endless, white-sand beach. On the north of the highway was what I would expect to be valuable beachfront property occupied by nice homes and/or hotels. Although this was probably the case not long ago, now the land is desolated! All there was to be seen were empty foundations here and there, as well as parking lots for buildings that no longer existed. This continued for nearly 100 miles. It was easy to see how recent hurricanes have ravaged this part of the country.

6 comments:

Christian Eyring said...

Is that a submarine telescope sticking out of the Gulf of Mexico??

Amy said...

I love the highlights. And that is so amazing that you ran into Aaron in New Orleans! Thats great!

I couldn't imagine seeing the destruction of hurricanes in real life. I couldn't imagine going through that.

I am glad you had a good trip!

hbentley said...

I have been awaiting your blog. I can't believe you slept at a rest stop. Scary!!!You always amaze me.
I am so glad you ran into Aaron. What a nice suprise. I got an eamil from my brother in law saying he saw you down there. I bet that up-grade on the tickets was amazing. I am glad you went. It was amazing to watch and I can only imagine what it was like to be there.

brooke said...

Looks like you had one heck of a time! That is so wild you ran into Aaron! I don't think I've seen him for 5 years plus! He looks great! I'm glad you didn't get killed at that rest stop, and CAN NOT believe you didn't go into the purse fetish store! I bet you missed out on some killer finds! :)

Jamie said...

I'm with everyone else. How crazy that you saw Aaron of all people in N'leans. How fun! He is such a good guy!

And I can't beleive you slept in your car, alone, at a rest stop. Creepy!

BradJ said...

Your parked car looks like the team down south's football season.

 

Blogger