18 January 2009

On the Road Again... and Again... and Again

I like to take advantage of the fact that I have zero responsibilities in life.  It sure makes it easy to leave town!
In recent weeks I have been putting together my work travel schedule for 2009.  At the same time, I have brainstormed about what recreational trips I can fit in.  So far, this is what I have come up with...
If anyone wants to join me for any of my travels, let me know!

Trips already planned:
26 Feb-6 Mar -- St. George and Las Vegas
3-8 Apr -- Chicago
16-27 Apr -- New York and Boston
5-9 Jun -- Baltimore
23-28 Aug -- Milwaukee

Tentative trip ideas:
Sat 2 May - drive to Louisville, KY to attend the Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs
Memorial Day weekend - possible road trip to see an MLB game (currently considering Minneapolis or Cleveland)
July? - trip to Salt Lake
Labor Day weekend - road trip to Dallas, TX to see Oklahoma Play BYU in the new Dallas Cowboys Stadium; trip also to include a stop in Kansas City for a Royals game at Kauffman Stadium
Fall - a trip to Salt Lake to attend a home Ute football game
Fall - road trip to Fort Worth, TX to see the Utes play TCU

Of course, I always try to incorporate a baseball game into my travels.  I plan to make some good progress this year on my goal to see a game in every Major League ballpark.  The following are currently on the schedule:
6 April - Chicago White Sox (US Cellular Field)
17 April - New York Yankees (Yankee Stadium)
19 April - Boston Red Sox (Fenway Park)
25 April - New York Mets (Citi Field)
25, 26, or 27 Aug - Milwaukee Brewers (Miller Park)
28 Aug - Chicago Cubs (Wrigley Field)

Other possibilities this year:
St. Louis Cardinals (Busch Stadium)
Kansas City Royals (Kauffman Stadium)
Cleveland Indians (Jacobs Field)
Minnesota Twins (Metrodome)

8 comments:

jenny said...

Come to utah in july for my birthday the big 16 yay!!!!

Amy said...

I am ready for St. George! It should be a blast!

Andrea Jolene said...

Do ya know - I never knew you were such a big baseball fan. Serious. Your blog has enlightened me.

Jamie said...

I think you should put Jacobs Field on the top of your list. That is quite the travel schedule. Wow. I'm tired just looking at it all. I'm glad some of your traveling includes trips to Utah so we can see you amongst your jet setting.

brooke said...

I'm so excited for your trip to St. George, we should work on finding another hike? Would you be up for that? I really appreciated your phone call the other night. Thanks so much for being such a good big brother! I just love you so much, and am so grateful for the friend I have in you! I can't wait to see you on Friday!

hbentley said...

That is nice that you are able to leave town at anytime. It looks like alot of fun!!! I love that you are planning all these trips. They all sound great!! I think it would be fun to travel for work and see another city on a company's dollar.

Jamie said...

OK Joker. I'm ready for you to update with some pics of St. Louis.

Maga said...

How about up-dating your Blog? Are you going to New York in April just for a ball game? What else will you do in your old stomping grounds?

 

Blogger