13 January 2008

Introverted Red

Some time ago I was wasting time on the internet when I stumbled across a personality test. There are many tests out there. Each has a different formula and method used to succinctly describe an individual's personality. The one I am most familiar with is the color test - i.e. red, yellow, blue, and white. I have always tested as red. The first time I remember taking such a test was in the seventh grade. I tested red then. I test red now. However, I have always felt that although the red personality describes me better than any of the other colors, it is not a completely accurate assessment of me. That is, until I found the following write-up. Apparently I am not simply a 'red,' but I am an 'introverted red.'

NOTE: I only feel comfortable sharing this description because it addresses both strengths and weaknesses. It is not my intention to boast - only to share what I believe to be an objective critique of my psyche.

"INTROVERTED RED: Introverted Reds are quiet, introspective, serious, matter-of-fact, reserved people who are reliable and steadfast. They are patient and painstakingly systematic in their approach to solving problems. Unlike their extroverted counterparts, introverted Reds will not exert themselves any more than they have to and they do not enter into things impulsively. They do not see bulldozing ahead or butting heads with people as a good usage of either time or energy. They are methodical in their approach to both life and tasks. Life is what you see and nothing more. They live in the present.

"No other type is more thorough, hard-working or patient with facts and details than introverted Reds. Their perseverance and quiet presence tends to act as a stabilizer for others. They will not do anything that does not make sense. They enjoy solitude and prefer working by themselves rather than working with people. For introverted Reds, people are a distraction. They need an environment where they just bury themselves in the tasks at hand. They produce results." (see Red Personality...)

4 comments:

Amy said...

That describes you perfectly!! I don't see any weaknesses thought!!;)

hbentley said...

Those paragraphs decsribed you perfectly!!!! There is one lucky girl out there for you.

Anonymous said...

Now that is the Jake I know

Andrea Jolene said...

I've always been red too...with a dash of blue. ;) I'm the extroverted one it seems. Haha...hmmm. Get 'er done.

 

Blogger