21 July 2008

Red Birds

My apartment is right in the heart of downtown St. Louis. I am only a short 10-minute walk from Busch Stadium. When I am out and about during the evenings, I nearly always end up passing the Stadium as I return to my place. Each and every night when I see the lights blazing down upon the field, I wish I were at the game. If I had my way, I would attend much more often.

I must credit the St. Louisians for their affection and loyalty to the home-town team. The fans here are dedicated, educated, and unfailingly supportive. They are a fun group to live amongst.

7 comments:

Jill Clark said...

That is so fun! I love how much you enjoy baseball, I have never been able to really enjoy it, but I do have a great appreciation for it because of you!

Jamie said...

Sounds like fun. Have you attended a game since you've been there? How are you liking your ward?

Amy said...

That is so cool that you live so close to a MLB stadium! I am sure it is hard not drive by and not go in to the games!

Brett and Jessica said...

Jake,
Sign up for fantasy football! Check your yahoo email.
And, where are some good places to eat dinner near times square in NY?

brooke said...

Jake!! I would absolutely LOVE it if you would go hiking with me!!!! I'm not very hardcore or fast for that matter, but if you can take me being slow, I would LOVE to go with you! I have thought that it would be super fun to go with you but I didn't know when we would have time to do it. YAY!!! I'm excited you'll go with me!

jenny said...

What happened to your Yankee Loyalty

Jamie said...

Jacob, You haven't updated since July 21. I think you need to post something soon so we don't think you're dead. I haven't heard a peep from you and am begining to wonder if you've forgotten about your loyal readers.

I love you and hope all is going well. We keep you in our prayers all the time.

 

Blogger