07 July 2008

Alexandria, VA

It is sure nice to travel on someone else's dime! Over the past several months it has been my privilege to visit many new places and see many new things. However, I am a cheap traveler. Where do I stay? Motel 6. Unless I am feeling a bit extravagant, then I will step up to a Super 8 Motel. Or if I am really living it up, maybe a Comfort Inn.

Well, I arrived in Washington DC this morning and checked into my hotel in Alexandria, VA - a small colonial town just south of the metropolitan DC area (hometown of General George Washington). When I walked into my room, I was floored by the niceties of the accommodations. The spacious king bed is dressed in soft, pure white linens accented with a olive-green checkered duvet - and I think I have seven different pillows to choose from tonight. The remainder of the room is furnished with elegant, chestnut furniture - including a desk, armoire, two night stands, and even a little ottoman/bench on which I can sit when to put my shoes on tomorrow morning. I enjoyed a movie this evening on the 36 inch flat screen television. The far wall of the hotel is a floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall window looking up the Potomac River with a view of the Capital Building in the distance. To top it all off, when I returned to my room this evening after seeing some sights I found my bed turned down with a little "sleep soundly" packet. Included in the packet are an eye mask, earplugs, lavender linen spray, and a CD with doctor prescribed tips on how to get a better night sleep. How is that for royal treatment?

Stay tuned for pictures of some of my sightseeing...

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I love that you stay at Motel 6 and that you also described your duvet. I can picture it in my mind.

I'm so happy you're in Alexandria. I'm sure it's beautiful. I hope you're doing well. I think about you a lot and how you're adjusting to your new surroundings.

We can't wait to see you again.

Jill Clark said...

I loved the way you described your room, it sounds so nice! It is way nice to travel with someone else paying, and we are so spoiled with the way we have been able to travel.

I hope your trip if fun and things are going well!

Amy said...

Sounds like heaven! Can't wait to see some pics!

Maga said...

We used to stay in
Motel 6 when it was $6
Good old days, Maga

brooke said...

Jake, looks like your living the high life! I need to figure out how to get a job like that! When do you find out when your coming to Vegas? We should look into going to see a show while your here. There are a few that I hear are a amazing, I can look into a few if that sounds intersting. I can show you how much fun Sin City really is!

 

Blogger