09 May 2008

Sorry for the delay

I have been getting some pressure from certain individuals that it is time to post again. I even had one e-mail from one unnamed source. She recommended several ideas for a post. Here is what she suggested:

- How much you love you little sister Brooke
- Make a list about the many reasons you love Brooke
- A list of reasons you want to be like Brooke

Great ideas! However, I must pass on writing on such topics because such a post would populate volumes.

I am writing from St. Louis this evening. I arrived Wednesday morning to make housing arrangements before my impending move at the end of the month. It is difficult to know where to begin when showing up in a new place knowing nothing about the city and its neighborhoods. I spent a fair amount of the day on Wednesday driving throughout the greater metropolitan St. Louis area trying to get some feel of where I would like to live.

Fortunately, it did not take me long to find a place I liked. I actually stumbled across the place because I missed my intended exit. I looked at the apartment Wednesday afternoon. I returned Thursday to submit an application. Then returned again today to sign the lease and get the keys. It is amazing how much easier the process was here as compared to what I went through to get an apartment in New York. It is nice to have everything in line before I leave town.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Brooke cracks me up. I too am glad for a new post from you. I am glad you found an apartment so easily! I wish I could see it! Can't wait to see your now "old" dwelling. See you in 2 weeks!

brooke said...

Mabye when you have a little more time you could blog about those three special topics! HEEHEE! I'm excited that you found a place to live. I'll start saving my nickels and dimes, and try to come vist you!

Jill Clark said...

I was relieved to hear that you found me a place to stay when I come visit! I am so excited for my TWO upcoming trips to see you. They will be so fun! I just hope you don't get on Jill overload!

I am glad finding a place ended up going so well. Isn't it so nice when things just fall into place? I guess they don't alot so we appreicate when that does happen.

 

Blogger