09 May 2008

A quick snapshot...

Someone tagged me...

What I was doing -
10 years ago: Finishing sophomore year in high school; getting ready to spend my summer, lifting weights, playing football, wasting time at Maga and Papa's, and hiking (Brett and I summited Mt. Olympus, Twin Peaks, and Lone Peak that summer)
5 years ago: In Kiribati with less than a month left on my mission - of course I was working hard avoiding any symptoms of trunkiness ;)
5 months ago: Enjoying Christmas in New York; also ready to slit my wrists due to my partial differential equations course

5 things on my to do list today:
- Run 14 miles (in St. Louis' Forest Park)
- Buy furniture (Sofa and Chair set, dinette set, bed; I spent too much!)
- Clean kitchen
- Clean Bathroom (both rooms feel much better now)
- Shop for miscellaneous housewares (it is amazing how quickly the basics add up - i.e. mop, rags, cleaning agents, toilet brush, plunger, shower curtain, towels, etc.)

5 snacks I enjoy:
- S'mores
- Homemade oreo cookies
- Scotch-a-roos
- Chips and salsa
- Krispy Kreme donuts (original glazed or raspberry jelly filled)

5 things I would do if I were suddenly a billionaire:
- Buy the house bordering Trent & Amy's backyard; buy the house just east of Trent & Amy; tear down said house; build an underground lair connecting our two homes (heck, why not buy the whole block!)
- Buy a baseball team, relocate them to Utah, and build a new franchise stadium
- Hike Mt. Everest
- Quit my job so I could train to compete in an Ironman Triathlon
- Become a philanthropist; give money to individuals who have positively influenced me as well as organizations with worthy causes

5 of my bad habits:
- I stay up too late
- Thus, I sleep in later than I would like (this will soon change now that I am done with school and have a new job)
- Not talking
- I am stingy. I would like to be more generous with my money, but I often get too caught up in my budget (my apologies to everyone this adversely affects).
- Dating (this is not really a habit; it is just something that I regularly do which I would prefer to replace with an alternative)

5 places I have lived:
- Salt Lake City/Sandy, UT (I have also had second homes in Kaysville and Bountiful)
- Fiji
- Kiribati
- New York, NY
- St. Louis, MO

5 jobs I've had:
- Bus boy (Training Table Restaurants)
- Loan officer (Deseret First Credit Union)
- Construction (Neff & Jensen)
- Research assistant (University of Utah and Columbia University)
- Biomedical Engineer (U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs)

5 things people don't know about me:
- I kissed a girl naked in a dog house when I was 5 years old... wait, everyone knows about this because everyone in the neighborhood watched.
- I am incapable of openly getting mad at somebody. Even when people need to be yelled at, chastised, or reprimanded I cannot do it.
- I am a terrible negotiator.
- I hate to talk about myself. I am very protective of my emotions and deeper thoughts. I therefore have difficulty sharing these things with most people.
- I do not have many friends. I often get stuck in my comfort zone and fail to seek out and embrace new friendships.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I loved reading this tag and I LOVED your answer for the billionare question. Wouldn't that be the greatest? I could send my kids through the tunnel to terrorize your house and then I could take a nap!

Jamie said...

First of all, whose "%" tag reads like yours? All the places you've lived, your jobs, to-do list. Wow!

I loved this tag! Mike and I were wondering why you didn't want to buy the left side of our duplex. Then you could just knock down the wall and we'd all be one big, happy family. Heck, you don't even need a billion to do that (or you could just buy us a lot up by you and Trent w/ tunnel included).

Jamie said...

ps - I meant to do "5" tag. Not "%". Duh. This is why my list of jobs only includes DFCU.

Cody and Danica said...

this is rustin's little sister-did you know any judds in sandy?

 

Blogger