31 May 2008

An end

We pulled into St. Louis yesterday afternoon. We were unpleasantly welcomed by stifling heat and humidity. And to make it worse, we still needed to get in our run for the day. When we finished unloading the truck we were dripping with sweat - I don't think these Utah boys are cut out for the humidity. We took the truck back to Budget, then ran back to my place. I think we were both ready to die by the time we finished the run. I have some serious adjusting to do if I intend to continue running while living in St. Louis.

After getting a bit settled, we assembled the entertainment center, rented a DVD from RedBox, and ordered Pizza from Dominos. Good times...


Now the trip is at an end. It was a glorious time, but we are both ready to be off the road and return to Salt Lake.

6 comments:

Amy said...

I am glad you guys are back and, if you can believe it, I am glad that Trent got to go with you. Looks like your trip rocked! ;) The next 2 weeks will awesome!

Shelly Karren said...

I've been waiting for this major league post for weeks now. Glad to see it posted in all its glory. I'm a little jealous about Wrigley...

akdoxey said...

Your place looks nice and big! Only true runners will go for a run after unpacking a house.

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie said...

Made a random connection today . . . did you know that Sara Borg is one of my very best friends? We were g-chatting today and made the connection. Crazy how small the world can be even in big NYC! I don't know why I didn't think of asking you before if you knew her . . . We should chat about it sometime. :)

Trent said...

Dude...thanks for the awesome trip! It was well planned. I woke up this morning thinking about Geno's and pounding 2 & 1/2 sandwiches. Every step of the journey was perfect. It was the best way I can think of to see the country.

 

Blogger