08 April 2008

Mmmm.... Food! (Doo Dee)

I must join the dialogue underway amongst my fellow bloggers. When it comes to discussing good restaurants, I wield a strong opinion. And so, here are my top 10 listed in random order…

b.good (Boston, MA) – I must exercise discretion here and refrain from burdening you with yet another sermon regarding the superiority of b.good burgers. (see my posts on 20 January 2008 and 12 March 2008)

Subs Conscious (New York, NY) – the best New York deli I have found to date. If the budget allowed, I would eat here every day for lunch and never tire of it. They make killer subs!

Giordano’s (Chicago, IL) – Chicago-style stuffed pizza. You will need to wait at least 45 minutes for your pizza to be made, but it is worth it!

In-N-Out Burger (West coast) - Those who have eaten here will concur that any top ten is incomplete without In-N-Out.

Max Brenner (New York, NY) - Any restaurant whose dessert menu trumps the regular menu in size and selection is a foe to be reckoned with. Max Brenner specializes in chocolate. Every dessert is topped, coated, saturated, drizzled, seasoned, sprinkled, covered, or layered with chocolate. It is like a real-life Willy Wonka.

Ruth’s Diner (Salt Lake City, UT) - Ruth's makes the list not for the food, but for location. Nestled in a small thicket up Emigration Canyon, it is tough to compete with their patio dining on a summer evening.

Molcasalsa or Betos (Salt Lake City, UT) - Nothing beats authentic Mexican heartburn!

Epcot World Showcase (Walt Disney World, Orlando, FL) - Where else can you eat German bratwurst, Japanese stir fry, Norweigan strawberry cheesecake, French elephant ears, Mexican Curros, American funnel cake, and Italian gelato all in one place? (I think I gained 10 pounds for every lap I made around the lake)

A campfire (Wasatch Mountains, UT) - A tinfoil dinner with cubed steak, seasoned potatoes, and chopped vegetables, finished off with delectable s'mores enjoyed in the seclusion of a dense mountain forest is an experience to remember.

The Batcave (Bountiful, UT) - Whether it's a rib eye bar-b-que, pork roast, cheesesteak sandwiches, rhodes rolls, a root beer freeze, or even Little Ceasars take out, there are few places I would rather dine on a Friday evening than my second home in Bountiful. (I miss you guys!)

4 comments:

Amy said...

I LOVE your choices. I can't wait to try out some of those restaurants when we come visit you! I always wanted to meet Willy Wonka! ;) I love the last place you mentioned too! I got a little teary eyed reading it! Good times, good times!

Brett and Jessica said...

Jake,
Love the restuarants! Maybe brett and I will have to hit some while we are in NY this summer.

About the song. I got it from the song editor on the blog. You can click on my song editor and make a playlist with whatever songs you want.

Jill Clark said...

I love that your resturants are all over the place! I think Max Brenner sounds like heaven on earth, I love chocolate and it sounds like I would like a lot of things there. I hope we get to try all the local places when we come back. I love trying new places to eat.

I do have to agree that eating at the batcave is pretty cool. I know I live there, but that almost makes it better, living with your friends is the best!

Andrea Jolene said...

Ooo! Ruth's Diner sounds so good right now! Thanks for the reminder!

 

Blogger