07 February 2008

Job interview

Anyone who will take time to read my blog knows me well enough to realize how much I enjoy talking about myself - not at all!!!

This morning I had a phone interview for a job I applied for not long ago. The call lasted just over 30 minutes. And I will tell you, it was the most exhausting half hour of my life! It was only 9:30 a.m. when I hung up the phone, but I felt like I had already put in a full day's work - I was (and am) ready to go loaf for the rest of the day.

The interview was not difficult. The questions were very generic - like those found on "common interview question" handouts. So I feel I was prepared and provided solid answers. So why the exhaustion?

Well, I don't know if I have spoken about myself for a solid 30 minutes ever before in my lifetime. I do not know why, but I have never liked talking about myself. Even when people sincerely ask about my schooling, career goals, relationships, etc. I usually give a short answer and quickly change the subject. I shift the focus to them instead of me. Why do I do that? Why am I so uncomfortable sharing my life with others? I really do not know.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I am glad the interview went okay. I hope this job is somewhere in Utah?!? Trent is already telling the boys when the snow is gone they get to go camping with Jake!

jenny said...

you are alive jamie and i have both made comments that you never blog you slacker. But that's Good things went well

Jill Clark said...

I can relate to how you feel on several levels. I had two interviews this week and hate the whole process. But I hope that all goes well with your job hunt and you get the job you want!

janers said...

I love this post! Great honesty, from a great man! When you figure out the answer, please let me know because I have the same problem!

Best of Luck

 

Blogger