09 February 2008

Blogging

So I just realized there is an additional perk to getting married which I have never before realized. When I get married, I never need to blog again.

A common staple among blogs these days is the "fellow bloggers" list, or the "blogger friends" list. I too have one of these lists on my blog. As I was recently visiting the various blogs of my friends and family I noticed that these lists are overwhelmingly populated with the '&' sign. Of course, this means that some cute husband and wife have a blog together, right? Not really. Have a look for yourself. Every one of these sites is the wife's blog which she decided should include her husband. In fact, I am beginning to think that I am the only guy who blogs.

Like I said, when I get married someday I can stop blogging because my wife will do it for me...

7 comments:

Brett and Jessica said...

Jake,
Though you may be the minority in the blogging world; we love reading the blog and you do a great job; you're a natural blogger.
By the way, will you be in NY Aug. 9th -15th? We may be up that way around then.

Jessica

Amy said...

Thats pretty funny. I agree with Jessica, you are a great blogger and I am glad you do it. But it is true. It is is mostly the wives that blog. Probably, because most of us stay home all day with kids and need some kind of link to the outside world.
I guess now when you are dating someone another important qualifying question you need to ask her is, "Will you blog for me?"

Trent said...

I don't know what you are talking about. I'm the blogger in my family. Can't you tell by the layout and color scheme that this is my style?

Andrea Jolene said...

Ha - Men blog. Not a lot of them..but they do it. The real sensitive creative types anyway ;)

Jamie said...

Whoa! "Once you get married you won't have to blog"? Wrong! I've learned more about you and had more insight into 'what makes Jacob tick' than I have in the last 5 years of being around you. I love, love your blog and think that once you get married you'll have still maintain your own separate blog.

akdoxey said...

Don't ever stop! First of all, I think most wives would love their husbands to blog, second, your posts are really interesting.

Anonymous said...

Haha! I'm the "single gal" blogger on just about every family blog list... it's fantastic.

xox

 

Blogger