19 September 2008

Tailgating


My Saturdays are officially booked between now and the end of the college football season.

My Saturday ritual begins with a long morning run. I am sure to make it back to my apartment in time to clean up, don my crimson red Utah shirt, and begin making lunch before the main events. Perhaps my biggest meal of the week is Saturday's lunch. I throw my own little tailgating party. Featured at last week's meal: pulled BBQ pork sandwiches, Amy's famous pink salad, Krunchers Potato Chips (the best potato chip ever made), lemonade-flavored Gatorade, all finished off with a root beer float. Highlighting this week's meal are hot bratwurst topped with sauerkraut and spicy brown mustard. Chips and salsa will serve as a fitting sidedish. While Heidi's delicious peanut butter squares will round out the tasty meal as dessert.

There are only two matters of interest the remainder of the day: 1) cheer for the Utes and 2) cheer against the Cougars. Living in a television market where demand for these games is low, at times I must settle for radio broadcasts of these events. Fortunately with the internet I can get streaming audio of both KALL 700 to listen to the Utes and KSL 1160 to listen to the Cougars (I just hate listening to Greg Wrubell). I am lucky this week in that Versus has picked up the Utah vs. Air Force game - my cable provider carries Versus (but not The Mtn.). I will just catch snippets of Wrubell's call of the BYU vs. Wyoming game this week because they will be playing at the same time as the Utes.

If anyone happens to be in the area, let me know and I will have a brat waiting for you.

Go Utes!!! Go Cowboys!!!

5 comments:

Amy said...

The pulled pork lunch sounds delicious! I will pass on the brat, I still haven't found the courage to try one, especially with the smell of the sauerkraut. Wish we could be watching/listening to the games with you.
I tried to enlarge your picture so I could see what pictures you have framed. You never showed me the final pics for your framing projects!

Jamie said...

That's funny. I tried to see what your pics were as well. Those frames look really nice on your wall.

I love that you go all out with your food on game day. Looks yummy - except for the pork part and brats - everything else, delicious! Wish we were all together for a fun Jensen Party. I can't wait 'til Oct. 11. Just like good 'ol times!

Andrea Jolene said...

I would so be there with you tailgating!!! HOLLA! GO UTES! You know how sweet it's going to be when the Utes and Cougs go undefeated and then we CRUSH them in OUR HOUSE! Jacob - come to Utah for the game. Try your best!

Christian Eyring said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christian Eyring said...

I am glad that you were able to watch the game. I was pacing around the whole time and could not hold still, too nervous. In two weeks Oregon State is on Versus on Thursday. If you can make it to the last game, I will save you a ticket.

 

Blogger