09 March 2008

Final update

Last Monday I received a phone call from the VA Medical Center in St. Louis, Missouri. They offered me the position I had been interviewing for over the past several weeks. I officially accepted their offer on Thursday.

I am on course to graduate in May. Then, come June, I will be moving to the midwest to begin my career!

The position I will assume is officially a two-year training program. I will spend the first year in St. Louis, then I will relocate for my second year of training. It is anticipated that my location during the second year will become a long-term situation.

St. Louis Cardinals... Busch Stadium... Gateway to the west... it will be a fun year.

9 comments:

Christian Eyring said...

Congrats on the new job and being done with the job search. Not surprising that the first thing you think of is baseball.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting! Can't wait to hear about your next midwest adventure(s).

xox

Jylaire said...

Hi there! You don't know me, but I was looking up an old friend, Kirsten Dekker, and found her on your blog. How's that for random. We're old friends from our California days. If you know how to get ahold of her, please have her contact me at jylaire@hotmail.com or check out our blog www.mattandjylaire.blogspot.com
Thanks so much!
-Jylaire Cooper Thorell

Amy said...

Congrats Jake!! We are all excited for you here at the Jensen home! Although, my boys still think they are going camping with you when the snow melts! We will have to tell them to wait 1 more year!

Brett and Jessica said...

Jake,
Congrats! You can join me at the VA someday!!! What exactly will you be doing? There are some definite perks with working for the government!

Andrea Jolene said...

Jake!! That is SOOOO awesome! A huge congrats to you my friend! You deserve it in every single way - being and awesome person and all of that.

Jamie said...

We are so excited for you, but sad we won't get you in SLC. It'll be a good excuse to visit St. Louie.

Anonymous said...

PLEASE REMOVE MY COPYRIGHTED IMAGE FROM YOUR BLOG. TODD SHAAK

Anonymous said...

Thank you. Todd Shaak

 

Blogger