08 August 2010

A new wall

Since the first pictures Candice saw of our house (before we even bought the house), she ademately HATED the recessed arches in our living room wall.  I promise her that we would fix the wall eventually.  Well... I finally kept my promise.  Here is the finished product:

Before
After
Before
After
The beadboard/wood paneling covered up the arches nicely!  We also painted the walls a darker color - we were not a fan of the pink/beige/peach-colored walls.  With the bedrooms, bathroom, and now the main living area painted, we only have the broom closet and laundry room to paint and we will be done with that color!



*Candice gets credit for the decor.

8 comments:

Trent said...

That looks soo good. The darker color in contrast to the white looks much better. It even brings out the browns in your tile better. I especially like the couches pushed back against the walls. It makes that whole space feel much bigger. Now all you need is a TV you can actually see from that viewing distance. It looks awesome.

Amy said...

I LOVE IT!!!! Nicely done. So much better than the arches. And I love your big mirror there!!!

Andrea Jolene said...

Classic IKEA large mirror? Am I right? It's their best seller ;) Looks fab.

Jamie said...

It looks awesome!!! Nice work, guys! And I love the IKEA mirror as well!

Maga said...

We enjoyed seeing the finished product. Candice did a great job on the decor--keep us up to date!

hbentley said...

I LOVE IT!!! You guys do great work down there in Vegas. The bead board if fab!! Kudos to Candice for the decor. I don't know why you wouldn't like a pink/peachy color, but loving the new color.

FYI - We MISSED you last weekend at the cabin.

Rustino Scar said...

it is looking great! Congrats to you guys. Did you fix those walls by yourself? I mean, I don't doubt it. I saw you man handle the plumbing at our old apartment in 0.5 seconds.

Brett and Jessica said...

Brett's impressed by your handyman abilities!
Looks awesome!

 

Blogger