16 June 2010

Utah Man Am I.... GO UTES!!!




That is a great pairing!!!

Do we all realize the significance of this event?!  I don't think so. 

Instead of shooting for a Mountain West title every year - and a trip to the Las Vegas Bowl... we are now shooting for a trip to the Rose Bowl (The Granddaddy of Them All) in Pasadena, California!  If we don't make it there, we have a nice consolation prize with the Holiday Bowl in San Diego. 

We will no longer be chastened by our lowly Cougar brethren who tell us, "you HAVE to cheer for BYU for the good of the conference."

We will no longer be watching the Utes blow out the Wyoming Cowboys, New Mexico Lobos, San Diego State Aztecs, or the Colorado State Rams.  Instead, we will watch intense competition with the Cal Bears, Stanford Cardinal, USC Trojans, Oregon Ducks, and UCLA Bruins. 

Instead of scrambling to find the Utah game on a hidden, grainy, mostly-unknown cable TV station, with homer announcers, we can now watch the utes in HD on national television.


Utah in the PAC 12.  Utah athletics will never be the same!

3 comments:

hbentley said...

Go Utes!!! I know Brad has been closely watching ESPN. He was very happy. I will be glad as well that we don't have to "cheer for BYU for the good of the conference."

Anonymous said...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah... can I have my husband back now. :)

Love, Candice

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with you people? I have never - ever cheered for BYU for the good of anything!!! Come on Jake and Heidi - I know you never have either.

 

Blogger