26 August 2007

My world...

Come... take a tour of my world.

First, an external view of my place.



The entrance to my apartment building is the door on the left. The closed aluminum doors to just left of my door is a bar. Fortunately, they do not make too much noise at night.



This is looking down my street (to the north). Again, you can see the door to my building toward the left of the image.


This is looking down from the 125th subway station onto my street (Broadway). This image is looking south. My building is the fifth on the right (right by the first delivery truck).

Now let's go inside...



This is what I see when I walk in the front door - a hallway leading directly to the main room. The kitchen is the opening seen to the left.

Immediately to my left (not seen in the picture above) is the bathroom.




Here is a before and after picture of the bathroom. There is a sink behind the half wall.



I am installing a shower head so we can keep clean!

Now let's look at before and after pictures of our kitchen...



This is what our kitchen looked like the day we moved in.


This is what it looks like now.

We still want to get some furniture for the main room, but here is how it looks now -


We have a futon available for anyone who would like to come visit!

Now to my room... I like to call it my lair. It is not too big - only 9' by 8'. But I feel I was able to utilize all of my space well.




Amy helped me name my sleeping apparatus as my "Big boy bed." I had to sleep the first few nights on the ground before I was confident enough in my ability to not fall off the loft bed :).

The top image is looking into my room from the main room. You are looking northeast. On the bottom, I took the picture from inside my room looking southeast.


This picture is looking into the corner where I was standing when I took the bottom picture seen above. My wardrobe is open; the door is covering a window behind it.


This is what I see if my blinds are open in my bedroom. I am really getting a great deal on this room. I am lucky they did not charge me extra for the scenic view!

My blinds are closed most of the time. My room is great. It is quiet and dark.


This is the view out the front windows of the apartment. You are looking down on Broadway at approximately 124th street.

1 comments:

Rustino Scar said...

oh man, remember these days? too much fun!

 

Blogger